Donate Your Vehicle

And Support Holy Family Radio

Wondering what to do with a used vehicle you’ve had for years?   Donate it to Vehicles For Charity (VFC) and help support Holy Family Radio at the same time.  It’s convenient, easy, and may qualify you for a charitable contribution tax deduction.

Simply complete the online donation form or call 1-866-628-2277 to make arrangements to donate your vehicle.  A VFC representative will pick up your vehicle, or arrange to have it towed if needed, and provide you with a tax-deductible receipt, all at no charge to you.

Click here for online donation form.


Frequently Asked Questions:


What can I donate?

You can donate most any vehicle, including cars, trucks, boats, motorcycles and recreational vehicles. They do not have to be currently running. Your vehicle donation will be sold at an auction or to salvage depending on condition.


Is my donation tax-deductible?

Yes, Holy Family Radio is a non-profit organization and all donations qualify as a charitable deduction on your federal income tax return. Holy Family Radio has partnered with “Vehicles For Charity” to process donated vehicles. The vehicle is auctioned and HFR receives 70 percent of the net proceeds, and VFC receives the remaining 30 percent for coordinating the entire process for us.


What do I need to donate my car?

The title to the car must be in your name. We will also need some information about where the car is located and the condition of the car. This will assist us in scheduling appropriate towing arrangements.


Will you pick up my car?

A towing company will call you to schedule the pick-up of your vehicle. You will need to give the driver the keys to the vehicle as well as your signed title.


How is the value of my car determined?

The IRS allows you to take a charitable tax deduction on your federal income tax form equal to the amount the vehicle sells for at auction unless it sells for less than $500. If your vehicle sells for less than $500 you may deduct no more than $500. If your vehicle sells for more than $500, you will need to include the IRS form 1098C. Vehicles for Charity will supply this documentation after your vehicle sells. We recommend you consult your tax advisor with questions about your deduction.


If you have any other questions, simply call Vehicles For Charity, 1-866-628-2277.  They will answer all of your questions and make arrangements to pick up your donation.